Hello, my name is Ana. Welcome to my blog! I started this blog to motivate myself to write every day. I embarked on a writing journey to find out all I could about the writing world. There are a lot of techniques and ways to write. However, I enjoy writing because it allows me to share my feelings, experiences, inspirational/motivational things, personal interest stories, as well as writing information, with others. My goal is to write a daily devotional/journal. I am a Christian and have discovered that faith is never losing hope. I welcome your feedback and anything you would like to share. Thank you for visiting.
It was high school graduation day, full of promise and mystery of the things to come. I was naive, full of dreams, and looking forward to the liberating feeling of being independent. My sole male best friend posed with me, too shy to look directly at the camera. It was a special time in my life; I was young, going to college, looking for that special boyfriend. All along though, I had him right next to me.
As I look back, I regret not having a relationship with God back then. I feel my life's path would have been so different. However, that is why "you live and learn". If I knew then what I know now:
1. Have fun. Just because you are an adult does not mean it is all about responsibility, you need your play time too.
2. Keep in touch with your friends more often. Don't let years go by before you say "HELLO".
3. If you want to go to college, go to a four year college. Pursue a graduate degree as well. Higher education can open many more doors. It becomes much harder to go to college or continue college, once you have a family.
4. Don't limit yourself to what you can do. Excuses are not an option or a reason not to go for what you want.
5. Choose wisely when it comes to having a partner. There is no need to rush into a relationship or marriage because you think no one else will come along. Don't settle.
6. Have a relationship with God and pray to him for guidance about things in your life. It is better to have him in your life than not.
7. Work on yourself and improve areas that you feel could be better.
8. Don't depend on someone else to make you happy. That is not fair. You make yourself happy and someone else just enhances that happiness.
9. Explore the world, don't get stuck in a routine of complacency. You have this one life to live, make the best of it.
10. If someone tells you "I love you", don't ignore it. It can alter your life forever.
What do you know now, that would have been nice to know then?